Multiple software applications separate your data, processes, and people.
But as the saying goes, “the value of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts”.
So let’s bring it all together with a platform in revenue operations that pulls information from core business data or a single “source of truth”.
Operations platforms that provide total business visibility are central to a RevOps strategy that combines sales marketing and customer success initiatives. By fusing all these core business areas into one platform, you have a powerful integrated solution that aligns operations and generates superior returns.
RevOps aligns your business operations so you achieve goals faster.
RevOps bring your entire organization into full cooperation through a strategic alignment of sales operations, marketing activities, and customer success initiatives.
Alignment is critical to achieving above-average returns and reaching your goals. When departments are working cohesively as one integrated unit, you can:
- Improve alignment by bringing all customer-facing departments together. That way, every marketing initiative has a measurable outcome on the sales funnel from the start of the campaign to post-sale service needs.
- Create and maintain focus by uniting sales, marketing, and customer service teams with the same objectives.
- Simplify and streamline operations by removing roadblocks and data silos between departments to improve efficiency and create a better customer experience.
RevOps platforms bring your team together under a united strategy.
Your team may be separated by walls but your strategy doesn’t have to be. A comprehensive RevOps platform allows them to log on and work in a unified virtual environment.
RevOps platforms draw from a single source of data when providing features across multiple business areas. Let’s say your sales team manages buyer and customer opportunity pipelines, sales quotes, and payments while your service team manages customer requests and sends surveys. Data sent from those activities is collected and then combined with external data to feed marketing activities. Information from marketing activities is then sent back to sales and service to further refine their processes.
And the cycle continues with fresh data continuously being created and leveraged throughout your business.
The Right Platform Changes Everything
A feature-rich RevOps platform aligns your operations while automating many of the tedious administrative tasks that waste time and zap productivity.
The key is to set the foundation with a solid RevOps market strategy first. Then you can choose the right platform that aligns with your requirements.
Why HubSpot is our RevOps platform of choice.
After years of working with numerous platforms, our revenue operations team chose HubSpot because it enables us - and our clients - to produce stellar results.
HubSpot’s customer relationship management (CRM) is the pillar of the system. From there, the platform is supported by five additional “hubs” that include:
- HubSpot Marketing: email marketing, social media management, landing page creation, and additional marketing assets
- HubSpot Sales: meeting schedules, payment processing, deal pipelines, lead generation, and other sales team tasks
- HubSpot Service: Support tickets, knowledge base, surveys and additional team resources
- HubSpot Operations: Field mapping, programmable automation, automation schedules, data clean up, and webhooks
- HubSpot CMS: Website pages, hosting, CDN, SSL, and analytics
What You Can Do with HubSpot
HubSpot literally has hundreds of features. Here are some RevOps-specific tools and features that sales reps, marketing analysts, service agents, and revenue teams can use every day:
- Manage sales pipelines
- Gain company insights from contacts, including annual revenue, size, description, social media profiles, phone number(s), and location
- Manage sales quotes and process payments
- Produce sales playbooks
- Assign customer issues via ticketing system
- Automate help desk processes
- Provide live chat and chatbots
- Send customer surveys
- Publish an online knowledge base
- Manage contacts
- Segment your audience
- Track website activity
- Integrate with email providers, track opens and clicks, and produce reports
- Track website visitors
- Automate communications and email sequences
- Create and track website forms
- Automate SMS messages
- Manage and retarget ads
- Track key revenue operations metrics
- Manage social media accounts
- Gather revenue intelligence
- Produce customized reports and dashboards
- Gain SEO insights and recommendations
- Execute A/B testing
- Create membership-restricted content
HubSpot also has website development and administration features that enable you to:
- Manage tasks and to-do lists
- Schedule meetings
- Produce reports and advanced analytics
- Edit your website
- Manage hosting, firewalls, and content delivery
- Automate payment and sales processes
- Schedule workflows
- Effectively manage data
- Maintain data hygiene with CRM data cleanup tools
- Integrate with third-party apps like Slack, QuickBooks, and LinkedIn
Why use HubSpot as a RevOps platform?
Our sales, marketing, service, and RevOps teams have used HubSpot for years with success. That’s why we recommend the platform to our clients.
Besides providing value, HubSpot can also save money in the long run by substituting for many programs in your tech stack, including:
- Tweet Deck
- Mail Chimp/Constant Contact
HubSpot does have a learning curve and potentially intensive implementation process, but it is possible to master the program with the company’s knowledge base or through courses at the HubSpot Academy.
Some businesses choose instead to jump right with the help of a HubSpot partner to boost sales and get an immediate ROI.
Learn more about how RevOps can optimize revenue growth.
Interesting in learning more about RevOps? Click the buttons below to learn the basics, or contact us to schedule a free consultation.